4/28/10

2012 LB Vin Ascolese tackling recruitment early

2012 LB Vin Ascolese cant officially receive a scholarship offer until his Junior year this fall but that hasn't stopped him from getting an early start on his recruitment.  The talented LB prospect out of North Bergen HS, NJ has already begun to receive interest from several D-1 schools including Michigan, Penn State and Florida.  Most recently Vin visited Michigan and Penn State to catch some good ole fashioned spring time football.

"Michigan was great. I had a lot of fun with all the other kids and had a great experience checking out all the facilities." Vin said about his his trip to Ann Arbor.

Vin was impressed with the Michigan facilities saying,"The facilities’ were state of the art everything was extremely nice. The weight room was sick and so was the locker room."

After experiencing the 106,701 seated Big House, Vin doesn't feel any added pressure to perform in front of that many faithful Maize and Blue fans every saturday.

"No it doesn’t bother me I actually like playing in front of that many people it gives you a rush that you probably wouldn’t ever feel doing anything else." said Vin.

After touring the facilities he was able to catch a quick conversation with the coaches.  "I got to talk to one of the coaches that recruits the north east (Coach Braithwaite) and he said I am big kid and my highlight tape was on his desk." said Vin.

Vin may be unsure about the next time he is going to take a trip back to Ann Arbor but he insists Michigan is defiantly in the mix for his recruitment saying, "UM ranks top 5 in my list."

An ever constant in the recruiting world is the fierce competition between schools for a prospects commitment.  One of those schools in competition with Michigan is Penn State.    A week after visiting Ann Arbor, Vin took a trip to Happy Valley to take-in Penn States spring game and according to him the trip was well worth it. 

"My trip to Penn state was awesome. I absolutely love it up there."  "My overall impression of PSU was it is amazing. There is so much tradition up there, they have a great coaching staff and the campus life is awesome", said Vin referring to his visit. 

The faithful Nittany Lions fans that came out to support their team left quite an impression on the young linebacker.  Vin summed up his feelings about the support for the team by saying, "Beaver stadium was unbelievable. There was 80,000 people their and it was just a spring game. I would totally like to play up their in happy valley."

During his visit the Penn State coaches wasted little time in letting him know they were interested in him and their talk ignited some extra motivation to his already motivationally filled work ethic. 

"I talked to the north east recruiting coordinator for a good twenty minutes and he told me that he likes my motor and how I play. He also said I have the goods and just have to get my weight up because as of now I am a tweener and he sees me more as an outside linebacker in college. So I'm going to have to work super hard to get to were I have to be." Vin said referring to his talk with the Penn State coaching staff. 

The tradition, the fan support, the facilities and coaching staff made an impression on the young linebacker and has placed Penn State in a good spot for his recruitment.  Vin summed up the impression that was left by saying, "PSU is easily in my top 3."  "I am going up there again to camp and am looking forward to it!"

With a long time to go in young Mr. Ascolese's recruitment there is bound to be more schools that are going to jump into the mix for his recruitment.  Keep checking back with Michigan Sports Zone for updates on this prospects recruitment and bright football career.   







   

0 comments:

Post a Comment